These general sales conditions are agreed upon between the Associação Académica da Faculdade de Direito de Lisboa, hereinafter referred to as AAFDL, with headquarters at Alameda da Universidade, 1649-014 LISBOA, with tax ID number 500 920 869, and the people who wish to make purchases through the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website at www.livraria.aafdl.pt, hereinafter referred to as the "User".
ARTICLE 1 - OBJECT
1. The purpose of these general terms and conditions of sale is to provide and define all the necessary information for the user regarding the methods of ordering, sale, payment and delivery of purchases made on the AAFDL website - www.livraria.aafdl.pt.
2. These conditions regulate all the necessary steps to place an order and guarantee the follow-up of this order between the Contracting Parties.
3. These general conditions will not apply if it is verified, by the type of order, that the User is not a final consumer, as defined in Decree-Law No. 24/2014 of 14 February.
ARTICLE 2 - USE OF OUR WEB SITE
When using our website and/or placing orders through it, the customer undertakes to
(a) Use this page only to make legally valid inquiries or orders;
b) Not to place any false or fraudulent orders;
c) Provide us with your e-mail address, postal address and/or other contact information truthfully and accurately;
recognizing that, if you do not provide us with all necessary information, we will not be able to process your order.
ARTICLE 3 - CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT
1. The User can send his order through the purchasing process designated in the above-mentioned Internet site by "finish order", after having used the online device, selecting "order" from the online catalog presented in the Livraria Online [AAFDL] Internet site.
2. To send your order the User must
a) Register on the Livraria Online [AAFDL] Internet site, providing for this purpose the information requested there.
b) "Login" (providing a combination of e-mail address and password chosen by the User upon registration).
c) Complete the information and choose the options that are made available to you during the "checkout" process (delivery and billing address; shipping method; payment method).
3. The sending of the order by the User is equivalent to full and complete acceptance of the prices and description of the products available for sale, as well as the general sales conditions that will be the only ones applicable to the contract thus concluded.
4. All orders for products will be subject to availability. In the lack of availability of the product, AAFDL commits itself to inform the User as soon as possible and to proceed to the reimbursement of the amount that has already been paid.
ARTICLE 4 - DELIVERY
1. The delivery of orders can be made through the available methods when the process of "finish order", variable depending on the products and the geographical location of the user.
2. Home delivery cannot be made to P.O. boxes.
3. AAFDL is committed to deliver the ordered items as soon as possible. The availability periods on the product sheets should be considered as indicative only. The AAFDL will always strive to meet these deadlines, not assuming, however, any responsibility for the inconvenience or damage inherent in the failure of the same.
4. To follow up on an order in progress, the User can call the Customer Support Service of the Online Bookshop [AAFDL] to the following number: 21 793 94 09, from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:00, or go to the online contact page, where you can send an electronic message.
5. For the purposes of these Conditions, it shall be understood that "delivery" or the order has been delivered when the delivery of the order is signed for at the agreed address or when the order is acknowledged by post, regardless of whether the order is picked up at the respective post office.
ARTICLE 5 - TRANSFER OF RISK AND OWNERSHIP OF PRODUCTS
1. The product risks become the customer's responsibility as of the moment of delivery.
2. The client acquires ownership of the products when AAFDL receives full payment of the amounts due for them, including shipping costs.
ARTICLE 6 - PAYMENT
1. AAFDL offers the User the following payment methods
a) Credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express), through the PayPal platform;
b) MB Way
2. The User will pay a lump sum corresponding to the costs of processing the order; additional expenses are composed of fixed costs as a contribution to the costs of packaging and shipping.
3. If a credit card is used, payment will be made via the PayPal platform of the institution PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A, with e-money services. AAFDL declines any responsibility in the relationship between the User and PayPal.
4. By clicking "Authorize Payment", you confirm that the credit card is yours or that you are authorized by the cardholder to use it.
5. AAFDL will make every effort to ensure maximum confidentiality and security in the data transmitted over the Internet.
ARTICLE 7 - PRICES
1. The prices are to be understood in Euros, with taxes and fees included, taking into account the VAT in force on the date of payment of the order.
2. The prices shown in the "finish order" process always correspond to the most up-to-date prices in force. However, they should only be considered valid as long as they are visible on the website in a refreshed page (cache or non refreshed pages may show prices that are no longer in force). The price displayed is only guaranteed under these conditions and only after the order is properly registered.
3. The prices shown do not include shipping costs, order handling costs and other additional expenses, which will be added to the overall amount due before the payment process is completed.
ARTICLE 8 - DISCOUNTS
1. In the Online Bookstore [AAFDL] there are two types of promotional price offers, in the form of percentage discounts on the retail price, which can be seen on several pages, including product sheets and search result lists, by simply clicking on the product itself.
a) Instant Discounts
Instant Discounts are price discounts that are in effect for a period not previously determined, so these promotions should only be considered valid while visible on the website in a refreshed page (cache or non refreshed pages may show discounts that are no longer in effect). The discount displayed is only guaranteed under these conditions and only after the order is properly registered.
To guarantee these discounts it is necessary that the product is added to the basket and the "finish order" process is carried out with the promotion visible. In the case of deferred payments by ATM, AAFDL guarantees the discount if it receives the respective payment within 8 days, counting from the date of completion of the "checkout" process.
b) Campaign Discounts
Campaign discounts are price discounts that have an effective date. These discounts represent a commitment during the advertised period, but always on the condition that the order is finalized by the User, through the "finish order" process, and paid for by the end of that period.
To guarantee these discounts it is necessary that the product is added to the basket and that the "finish order" process is completed with the promotion visible. In the case of deferred payments by ATM, AAFDL guarantees these discounts if it receives the respective payment within a maximum of 8 days, counting from the date of completion of the process "finish order".
2. AAFDL may also distribute, directly or through intermediaries, discount coupons with a limited period of validity.
3. Storing a product in the "shopping basket" does not guarantee its price or discount.
ARTICLE 9 - GUARANTEES
1. Any order contract made on the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website may be freely terminated under the terms of Decree-Law No. 24/2014 of 14 February, To do so, the User must return your order within a maximum of 14 days from the date of receipt by contacting our Customer Service via the online contact page, by telephone or by e-mail:
Academic Association of the Faculty of Law of Lisbon
Online Bookstore [AAFDL]
21 793 94 09
2. AAFDL does not accept any returns sent with postage or cash on delivery.
3. AAFDL is committed to refund the User within 15 days of receiving the return.
4. Returned products must be in saleable condition, i.e. in the same condition as when they arrived at the user's hands, without any sign of use.
5. If the value resulting from the exchange of products of an order is higher than the initial value of the same, the User will have to pay the difference, using for that one of the available payment methods in the n.º 1 of the article 6.
6. If the value resulting from the exchange of products of an order is lower than the initial value of the same, or in case of return, the User can choose one of the following ways to refund the amount paid in excess:
(a) shopping voucher (valid for use in future purchases on the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website); or
b) Refund by bank transfer to an account to be indicated.
7. Items sent free of charge, as gifts or bonuses, will not be refunded.
8. In cases where, upon delivery, the product presents defects, the customer may return it. After examining the product, if it is confirmed that there are defects, AAFDL will replace it, if possible, or refund it, within a reasonable time.
9. The return of the order under the terms of this article is a condition for the refund of the price paid.
ARTICLE 10 - COMPLAINTS
The User may submit his complaints to AAFDL located at the Faculty of Law, Alameda da Universidade, Lisbon.
ARTICLE 11 - LIABILITY
AAFDL is not responsible for any inconveniences or damages caused to the User by the use of the Internet network, such as service rupture, external intrusion, anomalies caused by computer viruses or any other case of force majeure.
ARTICLE 12 - PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The User authorizes AAFDL to process the personal data provided by the order in an automated way, in particular by using cookies.
ARTICLE 13 - AAFDL EDITORIAL NEWSLETTER
The Editorial Newsletter is the name given to emailings with promotions, offers and information, sent directly to the User's email box provided to AAFDL when the User registers.
2. The User has the possibility to subscribe to the Newsletter, being automatically registered from the moment he places his first order online.
3. To modify your personal data or suspend the Newsletter request, you must go to your registration and deactivate that option.
4. The Editorial Newsletter is an exclusive of the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website.
ARTICLE 14 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The whole content of the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website is AAFDL's intellectual property and cannot be copied or reproduced, except in the measure strictly necessary to allow its reading online.
2. The contents of this site are produced by internal and external sources and AAFDL is not responsible for the lack of updating and/or imprecision of that information.
3. All texts, images, illustrations, photographs, brands and other elements of the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website are protected by law.
4. The User who has a website and wants to put, for his personal use, a link that refers directly to Livraria Online [AAFDL], must ask AAFDL for authorization.
5. In this last case, it will not be an implicit affiliation agreement.
6. All links backing to the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website and using the framing or in-line linking technique are formally forbidden.
ARTICLE 15 - EVIDENCE
The Parties agree that computerized records, kept in AAFDL's computer systems under reasonable security conditions, are proof of the communications, orders and payments made between the Parties.
ARTICLE 16 - VIRUSES, PIRACY AND OTHER COMPUTER ATTACKS
1. No misuse of this website shall be made by intentionally introducing viruses, Trojan horses, logic bombs or any other technologically harmful or damaging material.
2. The AAFDL is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from a denial of service attack, virus or any other technologically harmful or damaging program or material that may affect your computer, computer equipment, data or materials as a result of using this website or downloading content from it or the content to which it redirects.
ARTICLE 17 - STORAGE AND ARCHIVING OF TRANSACTIONS
The archiving of orders and invoices will be carried out on a reliable and durable medium to correspond to a true and durable copy.
ARTICLE 18 - FORCE MAJEURE
1. The AAFDL shall not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performance of any of its obligations under a contract caused by force majeure.
2. Force majeure includes any act, event, failure to perform, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of AAFDL, including, but not limited to:
Public order disturbances, riots, invasions, terrorist attacks or threats, war (declared or undeclared), or threats or preparations for war.
Fires, explosions, storms, floods, earthquakes, flooding, epidemics or any other natural disaster.
Impossibility of using trains, boats, airplanes, motor transport or other means of transportation, public or private.
Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications systems.
Acts, decrees, legislation, rules or restrictions of any government or public authority.
Strikes, failures or accidents of sea or river transport, postal or any other type of transport.
3. The obligations arising from the contract shall be considered to be suspended for the period during which the force majeure incident occurs and AAFDL shall be granted an extension of time to fulfill such obligations for a period of time equal to the duration of the force majeure incident.
ARTICLE 19 - APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURT
1. The law applicable to any contractual relationship established through the Livraria Online [AAFDL] website is Portuguese law.
2. To settle any and all disputes arising from any contract concluded under the terms of these general sales conditions, the Court of the district of Lisbon will have jurisdiction, with the express renunciation of any other.